All of our services and programs are for individuals 60 years of age or older living in the greater Dripping Springs area. Financial Assistance is our only program where qualifying is based on the applicant’s income (see the eligibility guidelines for financial assistance).
If you have any questions about our programs or the services we provide please contact us at (512) 592 1345 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Daily Bread ™ Program – more than 65,000 meals delivered
In April 2004, The Friends Foundation began a hot meal service to home bound elderly in the greater Dripping Springs community. We started with service to two clients and now provide meal service to over thirty clients. The Friends Foundation delivers meals on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to individuals 60 years of age or older. The nutritious meals are prepared by the professional kitchen staff at Hill Country Nursing and Rehab and delivered by volunteers in the community. Donations are accepted for the program, but there is no charge for the meals. If you need meal service, know someone who does or if you would like to volunteer to deliver meals, please contact us by email email@example.com or phone (512) 592 1345. (This is not an income based program and financial statements are not required).
This program is for those individuals who need 24/7 coverage service.
The Friends Foundation’s research has indicated that a significant number of seniors in the area live alone, or under circumstances that could leave them unable to summon help by the usual means. A fall or sudden medical emergency could leave them unable to get to a phone. The medical alert device provides a method for summoning help by simply pushing a button on the device, which is worn at all times as a pendant or wristband. The device should help provide peace of mind for seniors as well as family members. If you are in need of the medical alert device please download the Lifeline Application below and mail to the address at the bottom of form. (This service is for individuals 60 years of age or older. Monthly fees are about $50 per unit. If the applicant or family cannot afford the monthly charges or a partial payment, The Friends Foundation agrees to pay the monthly Basic Service cost to lease the equipment. This is not an income based program and financial statements are not required). Donations are gladly accepted and greatly appreciated.
- The Friends Foundation will accept applications for Financial Assistance (pages 1-4) completed in entirety for individuals 60 years of age or over. Requests for Financial Assistance must clearly state the need, the dollar amount being requested, and other foundations, groups, or individuals who have been contacted regarding the need. Applications will remain valid for one year. Any additional request for financial assistance will require completing the Request for Supplemental Financial Assistance form (page 5) found within the Application on this website. The Application or Request for Supplemental Financial Assistance will be reviewed by The Friends Foundation’s board in accordance with the guidelines stated below. Applications are available for download at the link below or by mail.
- All requests for Financial Assistance must include proof of residency in the greater Dripping Springs area. Requests must further include the applicant’s physical address and mailing address, home and work telephone numbers and e-mail address.
- If the applicant’s income is great enough to require filing an income tax return, all requests for Financial Assistance must also include a copy of the applicant’s two (2) most recent tax returns, unless already on file. Applicants must also complete a financial statement of assets including amounts held in currency, bank accounts, savings accounts, or certificates of deposit, or the market value of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and similar liquid assets, but not including the value of the applicant’s home or other fixed assets.
- No applicant will be considered if their Area Median Income exceeds the level defined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) as “very low income” (50% of Median Income) for the Austin / Round Rock Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) as adjusted annually by HUD.
NOTE: Hays County is part of the Austin / Round Rock, TX MSA.
Click here to view the 2023 Income Limits Summary
- All requests for Financial Assistance will be kept strictly confidential unless the applicant directs otherwise to The Friends Foundation in writing. The Friends Foundation will only distribute approved Financial Assistance funds to the service provider.
- Some examples of services which The Friends Foundation will consider for funding are:
- Dentures and Dental exams
- Eyeglasses and exams
- Hearing aids and Hearing exams
- Medication expenses not covered by Medicare or Medicaid
- Retrofitting homes
- Utility bills and rent
- Wheel chairs, shower chairs, bedside commodes, walkers, crutches and other necessary devices not covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
Smoke Alarm Installation and Maintenance Program
The Friends Foundation has partnered with North Hays County Fire & Rescue to provide home visits to install and service smoke alarms in the homes of qualifying citizens in the greater Dripping Springs area. All “Our Daily Bread” clients are offered this service and The Friends Foundation is working to expand the program to our “Philips Lifeline” folks. Clients are contacted prior to the visit, and when possible, firefighters are accompanied by a Friends Foundation board member. The firefighters will check the home for properly functioning smoke alarms, install new alarms where needed, and replace batteries on existing working units. This service will be repeated as required to insure alarms are kept in good working order. There is no charge for this service.
911 Address Signs
The Friends Foundation will fund and install Hays County 911 Address Signs. All “Our Daily Bread” and “Philips Lifeline” clients are offered this FREE service. These signs are to help emergency responders find your residence. A 911 Address Sign Form must be completed in full and mailed to The Friends Foundation P.O. Box 8 Dripping Springs, TX 78620. The form will then be submitted to the Precinct 4 Commissioner, and upon approval the signs will be installed.
Butterflies are Free Program
Hill Country Nursing and Rehab in Dripping Springs has established a special program entitled “Butterflies are Free,” which is underwritten by The Friends Foundation, for residents who are at or nearing the end of their lives. The sole purpose of this program is to provide comfort and dignity to those residents so that their end of life experience is pain free, comfortable as possible, and honors the wishes of the resident. This includes providing comfort to the family as well. Please contact the administrator of Hill Country Nursing and Rehab at (512) 858-5624.